A violation of probation can lead to revocation of probation and the imposition of jail time or prison time. One of the consequences of conviction in probation violation could include reinstatement of probation with additional terms, including time in jail or prison. This is dependent upon:
- Prior similar convictions.
- Any other prior convictions.
- Currently on probation or parole.
- Attitude of community and court toward this type of crime.
- Degree of media attention on case.
- Mitigating/aggravating circumstance.